We want to share a little secret with you...
Alright, its not so little - it's sort of a big deal!
It's the delicious recipe to the Callebeaut chocolate mousse that we served at the Eat to the Beat event. Here is a peek of these delicious desserts in mini cups.
Verrine with Tanzanian Chocolate Mousse, Lemon Pannacotta and Flourless Chocolate Cake
8 oz glass (such as a wine glass or other decorative glass)
8 x 180 g portion/ 6 oz
FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
100 g Butter
125 g Cacao Barry Tanzanian Origine Chocolate
100 g Sugar
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C.
2. Grease a 8”x 8” baking dish
3. Melt chocolate and butter over water bath. Remove from heat
4. Whip egg and sugar until bands are formed on surface
5. Fold into chocolate mixture and place into the baking dish
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes
7. Cool down and cut into 8 pieces
8. Place in the 8 “Verrine” glasses
300 ml Cream 35%
75 ml Milk
75 g Sugar
1 Lemon zest
½ Vanilla bean or 1 tsp high quality pure vanilla extract
4 g Gelatin powder
30 ml Water
1. Simmer the cream, milk, vanilla pod (cut open length wise) and lemon zest for 5 minute over low heat
2. Remove from heat and add sugar
3. Mix gelatin powder with 30 ml of water. Microwave for 10-20 seconds to melt gelatin or melt over water bath until gelatin is liquefied
4. Add gelatin to cream mixture
5. Strain through a sieve to remove lemon zest and vanilla pod.
6. When slightly cooled pour straight in to the 8 glasses with the chocolate cake on the bottom
7. Let cool for ½- 1 hour in refrigerator to let the Panna Cotta set
75 g Sugar
75 g Water
4 (75 g) Egg yolks
120 g Cacao Barry Tanzanian Origin Chocolate
30 g Butter, un-salted
250 ml Whipping cream 35%
1. Boil water and sugar in small pot for 5 minutes to make a syrup
2. Pour hot syrup over egg yolks while whisking fast not to coagulate the eggs. Continue whipping until foamy and ribbons are forming on top of mixture
3. Melt chocolate and butter in a bowl on top of a simmering pot filled with water (Water bath). Once chocolate is melted, remove from heat and stir to combine.. Add egg mixture, by folding it in to chocolate and combine well
4. Whip cream and fold gently in to chocolate mixture.
5. Place in a pastry pocket
6. Divide mousse into the 8 glasses on top of the Panna Cotta.
7. Decorate with Crispearl, fresh Raspberries, Candied Ginger or Chocolate shavings